Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Right Thing

I'm sitting in my cubicle at work having been convicted about something I should have done differently. It wasn't the wrong course of action, but the WAY I approached the situation did not honour others and I also believe, did not honour the Lord. When I became aware of this situation – it left me with a sick feeling on the stomach. I can't believe I did that!?! Am I that self-absorbed?

I suppose our initial reaction is to beat ourselves up over the situation...yet this doesn't seem to help much – no, IT DOES NOT HELP! I know I am forgiven by God, yet as Christ Followers we are called to repent, but not only to God, but to the people we have offended – even IF they might not even realise the situation – THAT'S the challenging part! We don't live in condemnation (Rom8:1) , but we do live in grace, and so we need be quick to own up to our mistakes and move forward...doing the RIGHT thing! It may not have offended others, but if you have been convicted of something – you better start to listen and move to action. God is prompting you – are you obedient?


 

Psalms 73:26 reads: "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"


 

I failed this time – but by God's strength I won't next time! Put differently, God is my strength, and I will put my pride in my pocket and admit my mistake – ask forgiveness! This is after all NOT about me – but about HIM!


 

To end with a quote that I am putting on my wall:

"I am humbly aware of how much I've already been forgiven, and I will continue owning up to my mistakes!"

No comments: