Thursday, June 18, 2009

Transitions – Never Losing Heart

Transitions are interesting things... Transitions come as a result of change. I suppose in a sense CHANGE is the only thing that (apart from God) is a guarantee. Rather ironic isn't it?

When we look at seasons, we find that in order for new growth, new life to take place, something has to die first, but the result is that in a new season there is FRESH, NEW growth...Have you ever seen a wilting flower? Not as pretty as it was in it's former 'glory', but once a flower has blossomed, it dies...it's a natural part of life. We can get discouraged as things that were before beautiful, or things that once worked doesn't work now. But it is a new season – the old season wasn't bad, it's just over...it was necessary for the new season, but the new season WILL come regardless of whether or not we want to let go of the old season or not.

So what am I saying? Mmmm, I'm in an interesting change of season – I know the season is changing, I am not sure in what way, but there is a SHIFT – that's guaranteed! Sometimes I feel like losing heart, but it is because of a comparison of a previous season that was good, but the new season holds its own, awesome, fun and exciting new growth. It's scary, but NECESSARY.

Instead of avoiding the new season, 'rock out' to it, and allow God to lead you in the new season. The transition may difficult, but it is absolutely essential as we seek to grow into the fullness of what God has called us.

CHANGE IS A NECESSITY FOR GROWTH!


 

Desert Song – by Brooke Fraser

"All of my life, In every season

You are still God

I have a reason to sing

I have a reason to worship"


 

Ecclesiastes 3: 1     "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..."

No comments: