Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

Psalm 139:13 - 18

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together
in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you
because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made
in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained
for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to
me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

Nothing inspires me more than to see the wonder of God's work! On 25 November, Benjamin Gibson-Taylor was born! A perfect little treasure...a gift from God! To think that this boy was knit together by God in his mom's womb – absolutely amazing! When one looks at a baby one realises the magnitude of what scripture says we're "fearfully and wonderfully made". God does not just leave it at that – he's got a plan and purpose for each and every child!

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans
I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


 

The future of little Benjamin is in the best hands possible…God's and with that he has been blessed with two amazing parents, Bevan & Jo, whom he'll learn from what it means to follow Jesus wholeheartedly – while having stacks of fun in the process! When one looks at this family you realize that doing things God's way results in God's total order and blessing!


 

I am truly blessed to be a part of this celebration of new life and to share in God's goodness and blessing! All glory to God!


 

1 comment:

Jo said...

awesome words and scripture ocks. God is great!

Jo